Recital pictures are ready for pick-up at the studio.
The following classes have been cancelled for the summer due to lack of interest:
Beginner’s Tap class, Tuesday 7:30-8
Stretching & Pilates class, Thursday 6:15-7:15
The following class times have changed:
Beginner’s Ballet will be held on Thursdays from 5:00- 5:45
Beginner’s Jazz class will be held on Thursdays from 6:15-7:00
Next week’s Musical Theatre camps have been canceled. Please contact email@example.com if you have further questions.
If someone wants to enroll in a class, but has not yet made it to the studio, please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org to prevent classes from possibly being canceled due to lack of interest.
Now we have enough people for the tumbling camp!!!!
It is NOT canceled!
See you there (:
Summer classes and camps start next week!
The first summer camps start on Monday,
the first summer classes start on Tuesday.
Can’t wait to see everyone
IF YOU ARE IN SHOWS 1 & 2 (On Saturday):
You must park in the Baskin Center Garage. There are 3 different graduations happening this day as well!
IF YOU ARE IN SHOW 3 (On Sunday):
You may park in the Curb Event Center Garage as usual.
Below is a link to the Belmont campus map.
Massey Performing Arts Center is #16 on the map, and the Randall and Sadie Baskin Center is #8.
HDA will be hosting a Spring Festival!
On Saturday, April 27th
From 2 pm-6pm
We are welcoming spring with a day filled with dancing and fun. There’s something to do for the entire family!
(Including booths with jewelry, Thirty-one merchandise, baked goods, and dietary supplements)
There will be dance classes available to try out….
**All classes are free to the public. Classes held later in the evening will be more advanced:
2-2:30/ 4- 4:30- Hip- Hop
2:30- 3/ 4:30- 5- Jazz
3- 3:30/ 5- 5:30- Ballet
3:30- 4/ 5:30- 6- Tumbling
***Registration for all summer classes and camps will be inside.***
You may register for spring and fall classes.
If you register before the end of recital (May 19th),
then you will FREE registration for summer camps/classes AND fall classes!
This is a wonderful opportunity to see what HDA is all about. I promise you won’t be disappointed
Booth rental space is still available. For more info call Tiffany @ 615.545.0421
1. There will be finale rehearsal on Saturday
2. The summer camps/class schedule has been posted!
This is Saturday is an important day!!!
1. Finale practice will be held from 12 pm-2 pm.
Recital is just around the corner, so be there! If you are unable to make it, and you are interested, let us know
2. There will be a FREE song and dance class from 9 am-11:30 am, ages 6 & up!
Come hang out with Belmont University students and learn a song and dance from the popular show Glee!
A sign up sheet is available at the front desk and there is a flyer below.
3. An adult Zumba class will be held from 6 pm-7 pm!
The cost is $10 and the proceeds go to the HDA competition team to help pay for Nationals.
Come hang out at HDA!!!
***Studio Closed this week for Spring Break***
If you are wanting to pursue a career in dance, you will go through audition after audition after audition.
I have been attending auditions lately and have seen some interesting behavior that has inspired me to share audition tips.
Tips BEFORE you audition:
1. Hear a correction once and apply that correction. Train yourself now!
2. ALWAYS perform in class. Technique is important, but performance can be more memorable.
3. Practice picking up choreography quickly! You won’t be able to really dance if you can’t remember the choreography
4. Research what you are auditioning for. Always do your homework!
5. Prepare your resume and headshot. These are not always necessary, but always bring them. At the very least, it is a good way for the choreographer to remember who you are and what you look like .
6. Have a small bag of clothing/shoe options you can quickly change into if needed.
Tips DURING the audition:
1. Don’t audition next to your friends. You may be tempted to talk!
2. Don’t hide in the back, be confident.
3. Memorize the names of the instructors, producers, choreographers, assistants, etc.
4. Be expressive (smile a lot if the movement calls for it).
5. Use your etiquette:
- Don’t ever sit down
- Don’t talk
- Don’t turn your back to the instructor
- Clap for other dancers
- Shake the instructor’s hand and thank them at the end of the audition
6. Believe in yourself!
p.s. If you start getting nervous, try running in place. It will get you warm, your blood pumping and burn off extra adrenaline.
There are many other helpful hints, but these are some that I find most important.
Auditions can be intimidating, but always remember that it is an experience.
Try your best to have fun and relax!
You WILL get told no more than yes and that’s okay!
Never get discouraged and keep pursuing your passion
For more information, visit the link below:
Dance Audition Tips
It is competition season for HDA!
Through sickness and the loss of a beloved HDA family member, the team managed to pull through and give it all they had.
Several awards were given, but a couple that stood out were “Marilyn” receiving Starquest’s Teen/Senior Odyssey Award and “Heaven on Earth” receiving Starquest’s Fusion (Most entertaining) Award! Congratulations
Here are links to the clips:
Heaven on Earth
We are ready to bring it full force this weekend at Revolution in Murfreesboro. So excited to see all of the dances, but especially the ones that haven’t been competed yet!
Come support your HDA team at the Tucker Theater on MTSU’s campus on Saturday and Sunday. Look forward to a great show!
Friday Team Prep
Classes designed to prepare students who plan to audition for the competition team or students who want to add a more advanced class to their current schedule. Each month will focus on a specific genre of dance (i.e. month of jazz, month of tap, month of ballet, etc.)
Time: 6 – 7 Teacher: Tyler No Recital
An hour long class for adults who want to move. We will incorporate ballet, jazz, lyrical, and modern. The highlight of the class is dancing in bare feet, no shoes needed! It helps with the technique of all 4 styles since a lot of it intertwines anyway.
Time: 7 – 8 Teacher: Tyler No Recital
Merry Christmas and happy holidays from HDA!!!